Thursday 12 December 2013

English Language Challenges

I always have thought that to learn a new language is a great opportunity to exercise our brain and increase our knowledge. But if you really want to learn a new language you have to practice a lot, most of all you have to talk and write, because talking and writing you learn to think in that language. 
In that sense, I think that this course is a great opportunity to practice our English, loose the shame and realize that we can speak in other language! However, I think that this courses of English are not enough to say "I talk in a second language", because there are people who start with English I and they pass the courses, but when they reach the last course of English they don't really know all the things that know the people who start with English IV and talking is more difficult to them. So I think that in the first case you learn English, but not enough, and in the second case you don't really learn English so much, but you can practice all that you actually know. 
I personally need to improve my fluency when i'm talking, because it is easier to me writing than talking. Also I have to practice my comprehension when others are talking. I'm going to practice this last point listening music and watching videos without subtitles. The first point is more difficult, I'll look for places where I can talk with others in English and I'll try to speak more with my boyfriend.  
Actually I watch TV programs in English, with subtitles, I listen to music and I read jokes in Internet. The next link is a page of jokes and funny images in English: http://9gag.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm agree with you, I think is more difficult to talk than to write. I really enjoyed your blog, tania :D

    ReplyDelete